New Veeam Availability Suite v9 Adds Cloud-based VM Replication
Baar, Switzerland: June 9, 2015: Veeam® Software, the innovative provider of solutions that deliver Availability for the Modern Data Center™, today announced Veeam Cloud Connect will be extended to include advanced image-based VM (virtual machine) replication capabilities as a part of the new Veeam Availability Suite™ v9, which will be generally available later this year. The extended functionality also gives service providers the ability to provide their customers with cloud-based disaster recovery-as-a-service (DRaaS) with the new Veeam Cloud Connect Replication for Service Providers offering.
First introduced in Veeam Availability Suite v8, Veeam Cloud Connect makes it easy for Veeam customers to extend their backup infrastructure to the cloud for offsite backups. Included in v9, Veeam customers get a fully integrated, secure and efficient means to create replicas in the cloud, enabling protection of mission-critical applications with dramatically improved recovery time objectives (RTOs). By building a technology that securely and seamlessly bridges the Veeam customer to the service provider, Veeam removes the requirement for customers to build and maintain a disaster recovery site for offsite protection, offloading a tremendous amount of cost and complexity from their IT infrastructure. Veeam Cloud Connect, now with replication, is a comprehensive cloud-based DR (disaster recovery) solution designed to empower the Always-On Business™ and keep critical apps up-and-running, all while ensuring complete visibility and control remains at IT’s fingertips.
Advanced image-based VM replication through Veeam Cloud Connect includes:
- Built-in multi-tenant support to securely share host or cluster CPU, RAM, storage and networking resource allocation between different tenants;
- Full site failover to a service provider site with just a few clicks on a secure web portal, including failover orchestration with failover plans, and partial failover to instantly switch over selected VMs only;
- Built-in network extension appliances to preserve communication with and between production VMs regardless of their location;
- Failback to the existing or new infrastructure to restore normal business operations;
- Failover testing for seamless failover simulation without disrupting production workloads;
- Single port connectivity via a secure, reliable SSL connection to a service provider; and
- Multiple traffic reduction technologies including built-in WAN acceleration, replica seeding, and replication from a backup.
“It is critical to keep standby copies of data both on and off-site,” said Ratmir Timashev, CEO of Veeam. “Veeam Cloud Connect not only enables our users to fulfill the offsite requirement without having to invest in offsite infrastructure or management, but also presents new opportunities for service providers to build recurring revenue from their existing customer base, expand their presence in the DRaaS market, and establish relationships with new customers.”
Veeam Cloud Connect Replication for Service Providers is a separately licensed product that provides an ideal opportunity to increase revenue by selling DRaaS to new and existing customers. The solution makes DRaaS easy, affordable and practical for any customer environment. Service providers face zero competition from Veeam, because Veeam does not operate its own cloud or offer its own DRaaS to Veeam customers – instead, Veeam enables its partners to do so.
“We’re really looking forward to implementing Veeam Cloud Connect Replication for Service Providers,” said Matthew Chesterton, CEO of Rochester, NY-based OffsiteDataSync, a Gold member of the Veeam Cloud Provider (VCP) program, which provides its customers with data retention, disaster recovery, and hosted cloud computing services. “We’ll be able to streamline replication and scale much more easily during a DR event or even during testing. And our customers are going to love the fact that replication jobs will be integrated and auto-provisioned on-demand through our Veeam Cloud Connect portal. Veeam just keeps developing ways to make it easier and more profitable to do business)!”
A free trial of Veeam Cloud Connect for Service Providers is available to members of the VCP program.
Veeam Cloud Connect with replication, a feature of the new Veeam Availability Suite v9, will become generally available in the second half of 2015.
- Register to receive updates about v9
- Veeam Blog
- Webinar Registration: Veeam Cloud Connect
- Webinar Registration: Veeam Cloud Connect Replication for Service Providers
VeeamON 2015: The World’s Premier Data Center Availability Event, will take place October 26–29, 2015 at the Aria Resort and Casino in Las Vegas, NV. For the second consecutive year, Veeam will bring together industry-leading experts, Veeam customers and partners who will learn about enabling the Always-On Business™. Pre-registration is now open.